May 16, 2009

Social Security Finances - 2009 Trustees Report

Well, the 2009 Social Security Trustees Report has finally been published online at http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/TR/2009/ and it's official; the economic recession has taken it's toll on Social Security payroll tax revenues. Is it time to panic? Not quite, current year revenues still exceed expenses by more than 180 billion dollars, but this year's report is a timely reminder that there are still long-term solvency issues that need to be addressed.

For a quick summary of Social Security finances check out the slide show below:

1 comment:

  1. My old computer died...and took with it all my bookmarked blogs. i was so afraid I would not find you again. Then, I found where i had written about one of your posts on my blog...so happy I found you again.

    ReplyDelete